Saturday, April 7, 2012

NaPoWriMo - April 7th

April is National Poetry Writing Month. In celebration of poets everywhere, and to encourage those who are just embarking on their literary journey, I will be posting poetry (not mine) each day for the month of April. Please take a look and enjoy this special art.

Tina Rath



 Biography:

I live in London with my husband and several cats. I have had a number of short stories published both in mainstream and the genre press, and the odd piece of verse in small poetry magazines. I have also done some performance poetry. My inspiration has various sources, including, for some odd reason, a discussion about adverbs, which produced the first two pieces of verse...

I work as an actress, model,and Queen Victoria look-alike. I am also a vampire expert. More details can be found on my website: www.academicvampire.co.uk


CARNIVAL

 Our love was like a carnival
 So big, so bright, so brash
 It ended like a carnival
 In penitence and ash.

 I danced all night at carnival
 Now morning comes I must
 Walk soberly to morning mass,
 Remembering all is dust.



 GREENWOOD

 The grass grows greenly in the wood
 And wanly down the shaw
 And so we sought the green green grass
 For shade and nothing more.
 And so we sought the green green woods
 All in the heat of day,
 And two we lay in greenwood shade,
 But three we came away.



 LOVE

 Now love, said my mother
 Is working every day
 And coming home on time
 And giving you his pay,
 It's a clean ironed shirt
 And a nice cooked tea.
 So I thought, on the whole,
 That love was not for me.

 Now love, said the teacher
 Is more than just a thrill
 It's mutual respect
 And going on the pill
 It's lots of give and take
 And a nice cooked tea.
 So I thought, by and large
 That love was not for me.

 But love, said my true love,
 Is laughing in the rain
 An uncertain pleasure
 And a most pleasant pain,
 It's hell and it's heaven
 And a nice cooked tea.
 So I thought to myself
 That that would do for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment