Tuesday, April 17, 2012

NaPoWriMo - April 17th

April is National Poetry Writing Month. In celebration of poets everywhere, and to encourage those who are just embarking on their literary journey, I will be posting poetry (not mine) each day for the month of April. Please take a look and enjoy this special art.

Diane Dickson


Bio:

Born in Yorkshire and grown up in Lancashire, England. I have spent many years living and working in the Middle East which was wonderful. Now, I am based partly in South West, France, in a lovely house in the middle of a forest and partly in Solihull in the UK. We have an apartment overlooking the Severn Trent Waterway, where I can frisby bread to the ducks right from my balcony. I am married with two wonderful children and two amazing grandsons who like my children's stories.

I have loved reading and writing ever since I can remember and have published some poetry in addition to my three children's books and now adult fiction.

Diane's Blog:  http://dianemdickson.wordpress.com/

TRUST

I may taunt your tender, gentle heart with ribbons of delight
I may drown your ever trusting soul in lies.
My thoughts are hid in darkness like the inky black of night
and you cannot find the truth behind my eyes

When you turn to me with loving and with arms outstretched in joy
I may meet you with a posture made of stone
and your pliant tender body will be just another toy.
When you need me you will find you are alone.



REBIRTH

Life buffets
love covets
time's all gone,
My needing
You stealing
Love's all wrong

Hearts seeking
Souls meeting
New Sweet song



ANOTHER DOVE

It may be there's another dove, a tiny spark of light,
a diamond glint of stardust in the darkness of the night..
It may be just a glimmer, a shadow on the moon,
a half remembered memory in the echo of a tune.
It's sometimes just a passing breeze on a calm and windless day
that strokes your cheek and gently wipes a bitter tear away.
A moment in a lifetime that takes away the fear,
when troubles drift on smoky wings and the way ahead is clear
A feeling, just a feeling, a phantom here and gone
but it brings you strength and hope and love and the will to carry on.


No comments:

Post a Comment